making my first video game

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 4 13:09:48 EDT 2005

In an old SC stack I broke down the collective movements of mutliple
object that needed to move.

Instead of
move object 1 from 0,0 to 50,50 end and then
move object 2 from 0,0 to 40,40 end etc.

  I tried a script where:
repeat this list until all moves are done
move object 1 from 0,0 to 10,10
move object 2 from 0,0 to 9,9
move object 1 from 10,10 to 20,20
move object 2 from 10,10 to 19,19

the concept worked ok in SC

tom

On Jul 4, 2005, at 10:37 AM, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

> Derek Bump offered:
>
>> That's a lot of script to process.  Say 1 ship, 1 to 50 shots, 10
>> Alien
>> Crafts and don't
>> forget the powerups, upgrades and scrolling background.
>
> Oh, I'm not aiming to make a space invaders game. What
> I'm after is a space invaders-like feature, namely, multiple
> shots. And only 1 to 10 shots, 5 Alien crafts (actually,
> phonemes falling from the sky), and no powerups, upgrades
> nor scrolling background. That'd be way over my meager
> scripting abilities!
>
> Thanks, too, for the reference to the Edge Detection stack.
> Actually, for the "alien crafts", I'm thinking of copying
> Tuviah Snyder's idea of using round buttons with a thick
> border. Kind of looks like a space ship.
>
>> I hope that you can prove my theory wrong...so Good Luck!!
>
> Not much chance of that. So, let's hope for someone else.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicolas Cueto

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6

Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems