making my first video game

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Mon Jul 4 10:11:31 EDT 2005

Nicolas,

Someone may prove me wrong, but that type of game might be a little too
intense for Revolution.  I do hope that someone will prove me wrong as
I'd love to make my own Space Invaders style game!

Problem is that you've got multiple objects moving at the same time.
That's a lot of script to process.  Say 1 ship, 1 to 50 shots, 10 Alien
Crafts and don't forget the powerups, upgrades and scrolling background.

There is a great stack on Edge Detection out there that will give you a
way to determine whether an object (err...ship) was hit.  You can
download it at < www.curryk.com/collide.html >.  That should give you
something to work with.

I hope that you can prove my theory wrong...so Good Luck!!

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
Compress Photos for the Web with JPEGCompress
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/