scripting challenge: Large/Smaller text size

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Jul 2 06:09:57 EDT 2005

Richard,

Have tried the html way with <font size=+2> by anychance?

set the htmltext of fld "text" to "<font size+2>"&the htmltext of fld
"text"&"</font>"

Nope... that didn't work but it was worth trying ;)

and so here's the taoo's script in draft form ;)

(sorry, html is just so messy and there's no guarantee of there being a font
size tag anyway... while the field's text does...

This function is now added to the editNO2 palette - thanks for the ideas
and a few more variants to come.

-- inc is the increment in size (can be negative)

on increasetextsize thisfield, inc
  put the length of fld thisfield into lengthtext
  repeat with x = 1 to lengthText
    get the textsize of char x of fld thisfield
    set the textsize of char x of fld thisfield to it + inc
  end repeat
  -- voila
end increasetextsize

the simpler the script, the easier it is to adapt for other functions... to
other uses like changing colors, lineheight, grids, etc...

cheers
Xavier