Suggestion for correcting the IDE's script editor

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Fri Jul 1 12:19:21 EDT 2005

Before Apple made WYSIWYG (what you see (on the screen) is what you
get (on the printer)) the norm, and even before that when displays
were monospaced character (not graphics) oriented, and printers were
also monospaced with just one character set, straight printing was an
ugly unformatted dump of characters.  It was not a pretty sight.  It
took a lot of work and formatting characters or commands to make a
printout look pretty (formatted for readability).  So the term pretty
printing meant the process of printing with the formatting.  However,
I haven't actually heard the term used in the last 20+ years until
today.

Dennis