How do I make simple multiple user access app?

keith keith at vortex.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 10:25:25 EDT 2005

Hi Stephen - thanks for the further comments!

>>Revolution with simple scripting and stack structure, yes; MySQL,
>>no. Not yet, anyway. :-)
>
>I was under the assumption that this was a shared database project.

That's something that she's hoping to be able to do. I'm rapidly
coming to the conclusion that a simple 'app or stack in use' flag
would be good enough for now. One user at a time, running it from a
single network location. Or just say no, not at this level of
production. ;-)

>I can't suggest anything to do about silly IT political restrictions.

:-)
Don't worry about it, I just mentioned it to explain why some
solutions weren't possible at this point. This sort of thing is
common to most companies, but explaining the details wouldn't help
any and would take far too much bandwidth. Not to mention it'd be
boring!

>But you wanted simple. This is just their interface using a feature
>of the SQL server.

Okay, thanks. I've done a little with MySQL, but I'm far from knowing
all or even most of what it can do.
Please understand, I'm making mental notes for my own interests as
well as finding the simplest solutions for my wife's project. That's
probably making my replies seem a tad erratic, but rest assured, I'm
paying attention!

Anyway, back to the point. I am trying to help my wife arrive at the
simplest *here and now* solution, even though I'm sure things will be
changed in the future. Sometimes it is fine and practical to do that.
In this case, it means the difference between the project being taken
to a working first stage and the project simply being abandoned. <g>
The comments here have helped, so thanks to all.