Success with Sending email without a SMTP Server!!!!

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Mon Jan 31 04:41:47 EST 2005

Richard,

Authentication is only required for relaying (unless the server hasn't
been set up properly) -- i.e. my SMTP server won't relay mail to
someone else for *you*, but it will relay it for *me* because I'm
authenticated.

On the other hand, my server will accept mail *for me* from anyone.  If
it didn't, I wouldn't get much mail :-)

-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/

On Jan 31, 2005, at 6:43 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com