Postgres problem

Thomas Gutzmann thomas.gutzmann at gutzmann.com
Mon Jan 31 01:28:42 EST 2005

Hi Hershel,

on my mac it works with:

pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -l /usr/local/pgsql/logfile -o -i
&

local   all         all
trust
host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255
trust
host    all         all         10.0.2.11         255.255.255.255
trust
host    all         all         ::1
ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff        trust

10.0.2.11 is the address of my workstation in the LAN.

So this is that what you've done, and it should work. BUT: don't forget
to open you firewall for 5432:

- open system preferences -> sharing -> firewall
- click on "New"
- add "other" with port number 5432 and give it a nice name
- enable this port

As Len Morgan wrote in his response, test the connection with psql
before working with Rev. If you don't have Postgres on the remote node,
you can try "telnet hershel.local.net 5432" to see if there is a
connection at all (end it with QUIT).

Cheers,

Thomas G.