even worse trouble with libURL...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Jan 30 11:34:27 EST 2005

> First, make sure you are using the latest libUrl. You can get it here:
>
>    http://www.lacscentre.co.uk/liburl/releases.html
>
> This fixes a bug introduced in the previous version where http
> redirects were turned off by fefault. The latest version has redirects
> turned on by default. (You can turn redirects on or off yourself with
> libUrlFollowHttpRedirects)
>
> However, even with redirects turned on, you may not get what you
> expect. When I connect to http://www.soapdog.org  and log with
> libUrlSetLogField, it goes through a couple of redirects:
>
> 1.  First response is a 302 redirect pointing to
> http://homepage.mac.com/soapdog
>
> 2.   That in turn gets a 301 response redirected to
> http://homepage.mac.com/soapdog/
>
> 3.   This url returns with 200 OK and some html which has an empty
> BODY but contains the following in the HEAD:

> http://homepage.mac.com/soapdog/studio/">
>
> libUrl won't interpret any redirects contained in the html itself.

Dave et al,

Thanks for the tips, I know that libURL won't follow redirects inside
HTML, I just wanted to pass thru the redirects inside the HTTP
Response... My problems were solved in standard brazilian way, which is
to wait and insist that you're right no matter what happens, after
rebooting the computer, rev started behaving properly. I really don't
know what happened, I am trying to reproduce the error to see if we can
pin it and bugzilla the thing.

Thanks
andre

> Cheers