Problems using DreamCard

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 30 11:08:41 EST 2005

I use Rev 2.5 on Mac OS 10.3

I made a simple stack in Revolution Studio and saved it. I quit Rev and
opened my stack in DreamCard to make sure everything worked; it did.
Then I copied the stack and my copy of DreamCard onto a CD and took it
over to my friend's Mac (OS 10.3.7). I copied both to her disk and
opened the stack. I got the following surprises:

1. The previous and next arrows I used from the Rev image library were
blank. The buttons worked, but had no icons. (These were the only icons
used.)

2. A palette stack with one field no longer scales the field when the
window is resized. I used the Geometry Manager to do the scaling.

3. The menus look OK and all work except for the one that uses "answer"
to confirm deleting a card. Nothing happens when that item is selected.

4. I change the cursor to "hand" over one special (locked) field.
Instead of the hand, on her machine I get the watch.

All three of these things work fine on my machine *using my DreamCard*.
I just checked again. I haven't begun to dig into this, make some other
tests, etc. Can anyone shed light on what might be happening? I can
probably work around all these by making my own player (I hope!) but I
am mystified why this works with my player on my machine but not on
hers.

A related question: Is there any documentation or tips or warnings
about designing stacks to be used with DreamCard? I couldn't find any
in the Docs or RevOnline. Thanks for any help.

Jim Lyons