Printing Again - gray background when printing

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Sat Jan 29 07:27:00 EST 2005

Gray background when printing but not visible on the screen.

I bugzilla-ed this WYSIWYG failure and the bugzilla was marked as not a bug.
I think the gray should show on the screen the same as it prints as it is
annoying. I wish we could re-bugzilla this and get it fixed as I believe
that it is definitely not a feature.

On 1/28/05 7:17 PM, "Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101 at fjrhome.net> wrote:

> The gray background of the field is due to the fact that the default
> background color is being inherited from the card, which in turn
> inherits its default color from the stack, which in turn inherits its
> default color from the engine.  For whatever wacky reason (not really
> relevant, I'd think), the default color of the engine is different for
> printing than it is for display on the screen.  Manually specify a
> background color of white for the card to fix this problem.
>
> As for the font issue, the card is being scaled when printed.  By
> default, 1 pixel on the screen maps to 1 point on the printer.  Since
> your screen is likely not 72 dpi (most have a higher resolution now),
> the font appears bigger on the printout.  Check the documentation on
> the printScale property for more info.
>

> On Jan 28, 2005, at 5:40 PM, Mark Smith wrote:
>
>> I'm baffled....can anyone help?
>>
>> Mac OS 10.3.4
>> RunRev 2.5 Studio
>>
>> To see if I can't get hold of this printing malarkey, I created a new
>> mainstack. I placed 1 field on the 1st card and set its 'showBorder'
>> to false. I pasted some text from texEdit into the field. I set the
>> font to monaco, and the size to 9. I chose "print card' from the file
>> menu, and printed the card.
>>
>> On screen, the card is plain white with some 9 point monaco text on it.
>> The printed page has a white border, the area of the field being light
>> grey. The text is at least 11 point.
>>
>> To check, I printed the same text from texEdit, all appears on the
>> page as expected ie. 9 point monaco.
>>
>> Is this normal? Does anyone recognise this?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Mark

> - -----------------------------------------------------------
> Frank D. Engel, Jr.  <fde101 at fjrhome.net>
>
> $ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
> $ true | cat /usr/manual | grep "John 3:16"
> John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten
> Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
> everlasting life.
> $

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)