Printing Again

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Jan 28 18:17:26 EST 2005

The gray background of the field is due to the fact that the default
background color is being inherited from the card, which in turn
inherits its default color from the stack, which in turn inherits its
default color from the engine.  For whatever wacky reason (not really
relevant, I'd think), the default color of the engine is different for
printing than it is for display on the screen.  Manually specify a
background color of white for the card to fix this problem.

As for the font issue, the card is being scaled when printed.  By
default, 1 pixel on the screen maps to 1 point on the printer.  Since
your screen is likely not 72 dpi (most have a higher resolution now),
the font appears bigger on the printout.  Check the documentation on
the printScale property for more info.