What do most Rev developers do?

Jonathan Cooper joncooper at swiftdsl.com.au
Fri Jan 28 03:40:53 EST 2005

Jonathan Lynch wrote:

> Are most of you using it for educational software, or to help with
> projects at a large company, or for independent programming for small
> businesses?
>
> Just curious,

Hi Jonathan,

I mainly use Rev for personal/professional, day-to-day use, including:
- Internet banking
- Converting styled text to simple HTML
- Changing the case of text of on the clipboard INTELLIGENTLY (e.g.
don't capitalise small words)
- A shopping list (a bit more involved that the name suggests - e.g.
items appear on the screen according to where they are in the house,
but print according to where they appear in the supermarket)
- ...

The most complex and ambitious software I have created so far (a
scheduling system for museums, including the art museum I work for) is
still in HyperCard. I have plans to convert it to Rev (using MySQL)
eventually but, since my job is actually NOT software developer but
website manager, finding the time to do it is difficult. (Especially as
the software is "mission-critical", so testing would need to be very
rigorous.)

Regards,
Jonathan  :-)

Jonathan Cooper
Manager of Information / website
Art Gallery of New South Wales                   Art Gallery website:
Sydney, Australia                    http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au
Tel +61 2 9225 1796                                 Personal website:
Fax +61 2 9221 5129      http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/sub/jcooper

Jonathan Cooper
Manager of Information / WWW