externals kit

Ben Fisher boinjyboing at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 23:19:47 EST 2005

Thanks for the response, everyone. I'll get started with the externals kit as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, as far as porting existing dlls into rev use is a little beyond me at the moment. I learned C++ on a mac system don't really know how to reference a dll. I'm not actually as experienced in c++ as I might have came across.

This idea has real potential though. It would be cool to use DirectX's 3d capabilities within a rev stack.
So far my external ideas (beyond simple examples) are:

A math library for number crunching
A fractal program
A MIDI library for importing and exporting

-Ben

P.S. Does anyone know how to retrieve MIDI data from that port?