Components and Toolbars

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 17:10:27 EST 2005

--- Jonathan Buckland <funcoder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am currently evaluating Runtime Revolution as I
> need to develop an
> application that runs on both windows and Mac. I am
> a full time
> developer using VB6 and VB.NET currently.
>
> The one aspect of Rev is that it does not have many
> visual components,
> for example a toolbar.
>
> How to you folks create toolbars in Rev? Are there
> any other components around?
>
> Thanks
>

> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Though it is not the easiest of transitions you'd make
(count on a lot of 'unlearning') Revolution is a great
developer tool ; don't let the lack of certain
components at first sight discourage you.

For your question, you might want to take a peek at
the example stack "Application Starter Kit" made by
Chipp Walter of Altuit -- it has a toolbar script that
you can take apart and learn from :
<http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm>

While you're at the site, make sure to download the
altPlugins for Revolution -- they form a great set of
tools for the IDE that we all hope will soon be your
new Home :-)

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====