modal question

Paul Kocsis pkocsis at cox.net
Thu Jan 27 15:36:37 EST 2005

Thank you for responding Yves.  I know that I can set something (global
variable, custom property, etc.) to allow another handler to know which
stack opened the modal...but...this is not the intent of the question.  I'm
trying to work around a subtle engine bug...and in doing so, I need to
examine the actual (modally) opened stack without regard to which stack
opened it...

The subtle bug (which is very hard to reproduce) causes an opened modal
stack to block the wrong stack! ...i.e. block a different stack than the one
that opened it!  ...so I'm trying to look for a way to "set
something"...like a property...of the (modally) opened stack in order to get
it to block the correct stack...or at least figure out what mechanism/data
is used by the engine to determine which stack a modal should be blocking.

Paul Kocsis