Having RunRev Standalone accept and reply to AppleEvents?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 27 14:05:45 EST 2005

On 1/27/05 12:01 AM, kee nethery wrote:

> OK, this seems to be working. Here's what I did.
>
> I'm looking at the card id before I try to interact with the card. Then,
> if I am not on that card I go there. I don't push and pop so that I end
> up back to where ever I started from. I just go there if I am not there
> and stay there. This is working great now. No idea why the script ends
> up elsewhere sometimes and sometimes it does not, but going there if I
> am not there seems to work.
>
> Thanks for the hint that it might not be me, but that revolution might
> be broken. Looks like your guess was correct. Thanks, Kee

I'm not positive that Rev is broken, though it may be. I just can't
figure out why the message hierarchy isn't working as expected.

I'd guess that you wouldn't need the "go" statement at all if you use
long object references instead; for example:

  put thedata into field "theSQL" of stack <myStackName>

On the other hand, since you have it working now, maybe it is better to
just leave it alone. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com