What do most Rev developers do?

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Wed Jan 26 22:38:10 EST 2005

I do not do professional development but use it in a couple of main
areas. I have applications written to support my life. Examples include
manage my Super Fund, look after contacts, do backups, provide a small
multi-entry RPN calculator, calculate optimal gearing for model racing
cars, calculate any parameter for allocated pensions under Australian
rules, value stock market options, make decisions when there are many
possibilities, generate bridge hands against a variety of parameters,
calculate wheel/tyre combinations for given rollouts and other things
of even lesser moment. My second use is as an ad hoc scripting package
(having a general purpose stack for this) to massage data for input to
a couple of stats packages or for other apps.

David