OT -- Mac OSX or Classic?

SimPLsol at aol.com SimPLsol at aol.com
Tue Jan 25 12:50:27 EST 2005

Nicolas,
     Apple has not shipped a computer that will boot into OS 9 for over a
year. At some point in the not too distant future they will no longer support the
use of OS 9 Classic inside of OS X.
     All of the new Apple applications (iTunes, iPhoto, Pages, Keynote, etc.)
are OS X only.
     Somewhere between 10.2 and 10.3, OS X became a better OS than OS 9.
     If money is a concern (and when is it not) I'd suggest the eMac. It has
proven to be a solid computer with a good built-in monitor and ample external
expansion. By the time you would add monitor, keyboard and mouse to a Mac
mini, you would have the price of an eMac - but the eMac has two RAM slots
(instead of the mini's one) and a larger, faster 3 1/2 inch hard drive (instead of a
laptop-sized 2 1/2). If you go the eMac route, I'd   suggest getting the
tilt/swivel stand for it - not only does this let you position the monitor more
accurately and easily, it also frees up some desk space because the stand takes
up less space than the computer.
Paul Looney