externals kit

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 12:14:53 EST 2005

on Mon, 24 Jan 2005
Ben Fisher wrote:

> I'm planning on making a kit/instructions on how to
> create externals for rev (in c++). I would include a
> detailed pdf on C++ and have examples of common
> tasks for externals. This would all use a free
> compiler such as Dev-C++.

These are great news! :-))

> Would anyone be interested in paying a modest fee
> for this? What features or content would you like to
> have?

I could pay US$ 10.00 for each set of specific
instructions for the following platforms:
Windows, MacOS X and Linux (Debian-Linspire)
that makes $30.00

Features or content?

How the external could get
any information from the card?
What information available in
the card is not available to
the external?

You could give examples of mind
numbing fast number, text or image
processing, like fractals, image filters or
text encrypting... (maybe all these
are examples too simple, don't know)

The way to return this processed
information back to the card
inside an image, a field, a variable
and even a file in the hard disk.

Or something alike... ;-)

By the way, Ben, looks like you have quite
experience in this area of c++ programming,
so:

Could it be possible to create an external
for RunRev that permits to use common dlls
(not custom made dlls) from this platform?

I think that i've seen such
creation for other development platforms,
but now, i could not find the reference.

Thanks in advance.

al

=====
Visit my site: