Trouble with graphics display in OS X

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 24 18:39:15 EST 2005

On 1/24/05 4:15 PM, James Hurley wrote:

> I was astonished to discover how much slower Windows was in executing
> "Move relative" and "MoveStopped."
>
> The only one of the four which works for me is "Set the loc". My only
> problem is the fact that it is so much slower in OS X than OS 9 or Windows.

I think the test speed results are all highly dependent on the graphics
card driver and CPU, so they will vary on different machines. OS X uses
a much higher quality graphics rendering engine than OS 9, which is
still using the very old QuickDraw. OS X is slower to draw in every
respect, in any app.

You might be able to even out the speed difference by setting the "move"
distances to 2 pixels apart in OS X. I don't think it will be visually
noticeable and the move should only take half as long.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com