Prograph (was Re: MacWorld part 2)

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Mon Jan 24 11:49:56 EST 2005

I developed 5 engines (21 titles) in Prograph CPX.  I loved Prograph,
although I was disappointed when they finally released it for Windows and
CPX (the ABCs) didn't live up to the cross-platform promises (it took a lot
of work to work around bugs on Windows).  It seems their application
classes were Mac-centric and so it was difficult to shoe-horn them onto the
Window's API.

I was sad that Pictorius tried to make themselves into an internet company,
rather than pursuing Prograph and making it a better cross-platform
development environment.

I am surprised to see it reborn as Marten.  Looking at the website, though,
it appears that it is Mac only.