Credit card processing.. more info

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Mon Jan 24 07:03:19 EST 2005

Richard,

This is actually quite straightforward.  Here's how I would attack the
problem:

1) set up a dummy page on my web server that would 1) collect data
POST-ed it to it 2) save it to a text file, and 3) return a text string
"OK".

2) in my RR app, I would build the POST using all the required credit
card fields as described by the vendor

3) next I would open a connection (just a standard http connection, not
a https connection) to my web server page (see above) and POST the
credit card data.  I should get back the "OK" string.

4) Then I'd check the text file on my web server...did all the POST
data arrive?  If it didn't, I'd fix things until it worked.  Once it
works then I know that my app is posting all the required data
correctly.

5) Now I'd send that same data using a https connection to the credit
card processor test page (I'm sure they have one that allows you to
post test data).

6) Did I get the required response back?  Did the transaction appear in
their database?

7) Done

Good luck,
-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/

On Jan 24, 2005, at 11:26 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com