OT-distribution to MAC OS 9.1 users

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jan 23 22:15:08 EST 2005

Sivakatirswami wrote:
>  I just have to get my head around the issue of there already being a
> file with the same name ("audio_transcriber.rev"... which would be the
> old version *and* currently open stack) in the same folder into which
> one would want to have the new version be saved and decompressed, and
> still have the same file name as my splash screen "HA_Stack_Player.app"
>  the stand alone which drives other stacks... already has that file/path
> name stored in a favorites/preferences file...  I don't know what would
> happen if the new version replaced the old version on disk with the old
> version still open in memory in Rev? I have a auto save function on
> close stack... so the old version might just over write the newly
> decompressed file...
>
> I'm in new territory here with no flash light.

Here's a candle - look at the code in "devolution Setup":
<http://www.fourthworld.com/products/devolution/download.html>

The "Install" button of its substack is an imperfect but generally
working example of purging stacks and reloading them from newly
downloaded updates saved to disk.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation