OT-distribution to MAC OS 9.1 users

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jan 23 21:59:21 EST 2005

Aloha, Sarah:

Thanks for the help.. catch 22.. Rev's build-in gzip compression only
works if the user has some form of Revolution functional their system
and to send them that requires some form of compressed file format...

at any rate, he found his old installation disks and an old copy of
Stuffit expander. And Ben Fisher sent me a copy of stuffIt I will keep
in our OS9 software archives for the future.

But, after this experience, and the amount of support time involved,
definitely you are quite right: building in a update download script to
transparently fetch a gzip file from an existing version of
audio_transcriber.rev (versus telling them to trash the old version and
go to the web.)  is the way to go.

  I just have to get my head around the issue of there already being a
file with the same name ("audio_transcriber.rev"... which would be the
old version *and* currently open stack) in the same folder into which
one would want to have the new version be saved and decompressed, and
still have the same file name as my splash screen "HA_Stack_Player.app"
  the stand alone which drives other stacks... already has that
file/path name stored in a favorites/preferences file...  I don't know
what would happen if the new version replaced the old version on disk
with the old version still open in memory in Rev? I have a auto save
function on close stack... so the old version might just over write the
newly decompressed file...

I'm in new territory here with no flash light.

Thanks for suggestion.

Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery