RAD Challenge

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sun Jan 23 13:03:26 EST 2005

At 17:24 23/01/2005, you wrote:

>And can I respectfully draw your attention to the fact that, as far as the
>RevOnline Learning Centre presents itself to me, even the 'basic printing'
>tutorial is "Buy Now, not available in demo". This sucks. I have bought my
>licence each year for 4 or 5 years now, and will continue doing so, but
>can I get Rev to print a simple columnar report without lines
>disappearing, columns not lining up, and font sizes changing? No, I
>cannot, and the only available information that I can find is a paid for
>video or pdf that may or may not help me.
>
>Now, I don't expect a personal printing tutorial from the CEO of RunRev,
>but a decent introduction to even some kludgy workarounds in what seems to
>be a really weak area for Rev would be helpful. Where could I find such a
>thing, without laying out more money?

I just went to revonline and received a prompt to go to the store for a
release code. Hmmmm!!!!!!!

To be frank, I would have expected this to be included in the cost of a
license or even the annual subscription.
33 pounds (about 60 dollars) to have a pdf  that shows you how to implement
a menubar. Come on!!!

OK, you should not expect to get something for nothing but I have a studio
license and I have the annual subscription. I only bought the studio
license because express was discontinued and I didn't want dreamcard and a
7Mb player (I want executables). The annual subscription in pounds is £133
= 249 dollars (I extended mine via the express upgrade so I got it cheaper
to be fair). However, I would not expect to pay for the video to build a
menu. I woudl pay for one to have a demo reamework for certain apps like
databases, ftp, web servers etc. BUT not a menubuilder.

Mind you I can always ask here. :-)
Cheers
Bob