Printing Hell

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sun Jan 23 12:39:43 EST 2005

Can anyone point me to a Rev printing tutorial? I'm having enormous
trouble getting simple things to print properly.

For a start,  9 point text prints as 11 point, so apart from not being
what I want, the text no longer fits on the page...so I set the
printScale to 0.75.
Now the text looks ok, but the borders around it are either very faint
or missing completely...

I think what I'm trying to do is simple:

I have five vertical fields on a card, with their borders butted up
against each other, I fill each field with text, and print, with the
above hilarious results.

As you can tell, printing seems to be insanely hard to do, at least for
me. Each time I try to set up a printing scenario, I eventually give up
and resort to copying text from Rev into other apps and re-formatting
and printing from there, without problem.

I'm on OS X, and using a simple cheapo HP inkjet printer, though I've
had the same trouble with all my printers.

Any help gratefully recieved,

Cheers,

Mark