RunRev vs RealBasic (Richard Gaskin)

Lynch, Jonathan BNZ2 at CDC.GOV
Fri Jan 21 10:02:10 EST 2005

It seems to me a more significant contest between the two systems would
be to assign the same project to two very experienced developers with
each development environment, and see who gets it finished quicker.

I cannot imagine many situations where productivity is not of great
significance. If a person can create a program in half the time of his
competitors, he can afford to charge less to his clients, and still make
a bigger profit.

This is not to say that Real Basic is not a fast development environment
- I honestly do not know that much about it one way or the other. I am
just saying that this particular contest misses the point for like 99
out of 100 programming situations.

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Chipp
Walters
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 9:48 PM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: RunRev vs RealBasic (Richard Gaskin)

Hi David,

A quick Google shows you're the product manager for Real Basic. Guess
that sorta slipped your sig ;-)

I certainly understand your desire to defend RB to the max.

I followed closely the previous RB-RR thread, and don't recall it as you

do. Perhaps we should discuss over lunch? (I'm in Austin, too!)

-Chipp