Mac Menubar Again...

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jan 21 07:31:26 EST 2005

Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> The Mac menus DO respond to the mouseDown, but they don't know which
> menu has been selected.
> If you have a mouseDown handler in the menubar's group, it will be
> triggered, but you will have to set ALL the menus at that point as you
> have no way of knowing which is going to be displayed.

> (In Mac's once the mouse button is clicked down in a menubar, it can
> be moved from side to side and will display any menus under the pointer.)

That's true on Windows as well - position mouse over a menu item,
depress the left button, move mouse side-to-side and different menus
will appear/disappear. As that happens, mouseDown events are sent to the
relevant menu buttons (Rev 2.5, WinXP).

Sorry, don't have my Mac Mini yet, so I can't test it there ....

-- Alex.