Optimization (was another comparison thread)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 20 18:31:11 EST 2005

Michael D Mays wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2005, at 4:43 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> For clarity, I should admit that I'd accidentally misquoted Scott
>> Raney's claim from the Bugzilla report:  it's *only* 1000 times
>> faster, not 4000 times.
>
> I get a 4000X improvement on my dual 2GHz PPC G5.

Hot dog!

Well, Raney always was conservative about such things, the
quintessential underseller:

While other companies add 2 features to go from v2.0 to v3.0, when he
was managing the engine he's add dozens of new features and call it a
point-point release. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation