export RTF as file?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Jan 19 20:47:44 EST 2005

I'm having problems with my RTF export.
Can someone please try this and tell me if they get any results?

create a new stack
create a fld and type some text into it: "hello world"
create a button with the script:

on mouseUp
     ask file "Save As:" with "Untitled.rtf"
     if it is empty then exit to top
     put it into tPath
     put the rtfText of fld 1 into tContents
     put tContents into URL ("file:" & tPath)
end mouseUp

Now, try and open the RTF file you just created. I'm getting nothing in
WordPad on XP. I don't have Word on this machine (hate M$).

I've tried binfile as well. Anyone having success exporting RTF files?

thanks in advance,

Chipp