Uploading a file via serial port?

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:14:30 EST 2005

The machine that has the file I want to upload is on windows XP and
the machine I want to receive the file is a solaris box.

Currently the serial stack works for reading and writing commands to
the solaris box.

I have asked before but without success... is there a way to send a
ctrl-d through the conection? If so then I could just write the file
line by line (they ae small) through the cat command but I need to be
able to send a ctrl-d to close the file.