living and learning (Re: RunRev vs RealBasic (Richard Gaskin))

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Jan 19 10:37:13 EST 2005

On Jan 17, 2005, at 12:12 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> On another app, though I *had* to use the hide/show groups method
> because only part of a window (card) changes in response to the users
> selections.

Note that the multi-card solution for tabs can still be used even if
only a part of the window needs to change, as long as there is only
one. You can group everything else (perhaps along with the tab panel
itself) and include it on all the cards. Then create only what you want
to change as card controls.

You _have_ to use the show/hide groups technique (or something similar)
if you have more than one tab panel and they have to change
independently.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com