Opening custom files by Drag and Drop in standalone application

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jan 19 02:42:03 EST 2005

On 1/18/05 11:55 AM, "Alejandro Tejada" <capellan2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> on Mon, 17 Jan 2005
> Ken Ray wrote:
>
>> When you launch an MC/Rev app, any command line
>> information is sent to the
>> application and is retrievable via *environment
>> variables* numbered $0 on up.
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> I have read this useful Programming tip in your
> website, and TRY to use it in an standalone
> player to OPEN ONLY the custom documents of that
> application.
>
> But when i drag and drop a Rev or MC stack to a
> standalone i had created, IT OPENS... :-(

Yes, and this may be a bug (I tested Windows) - you get the path to the
stack you dropped in $1, but you don't get any messages to trap to prevent
that stack from opening... I tried trapping preOpenStack and openStack, and
it only triggers for the application, not the document stack that is
opening.

I think you should log this as a bug, unless someone has an answer for
this...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/