Debugger causing problems.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jan 17 15:25:39 EST 2005

Chipp Walters wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Awhile ago, I ran into similar problems. Back when one *could* debug
> the IDE, I was able to track the problem down to the breakpoints
> issue-- as you rightly did.
>
> Many moons ago, Richard shared one of this many stack script tips.
> I've used it on every project since. He creates a stack level handler
> called "stripAndShip" and executes it before saving and building a
> standalone.

You know, I've heard (or seen) Richard give that advice (though not
specifically with regard to breakpoints).

I should know by now that when one of the gurus says something like
that, I should listen - and if it's not obvious, I should think about it
until I figure out WHY they recommend something.

Back in 10 minutes, once I've added such a handler to my half dozen
current projects .....

Thanks Chipp
-- Alex.