RunRev vs RealBasic (Richard Gaskin)

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sun Jan 16 07:07:56 EST 2005

Hi all.

Here is an alternative perspective on rev vs realbasic. Nothing to do with
the product usabliity.

Go to these links on the apple store (I use windows myself)

Runtime revolution search
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71502/wo/NqzSeidBmxYv2IKanzr7Wtb2d1e/1.3.0.6.5.2.0.2.1.1

runrev search
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71502/wo/NqzSeidBmxYv2IKanzr7Wtb2d1e/5.0.11.1.0.6.45.0.1

Realbasic search
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71502/wo/NqzSeidBmxYv2IKanzr7Wtb2d1e/7.0.11.1.0.6.45.0.1

So if you dont want to go to the website, then here is a summary.

Nothing found when searching for runrev or revolution or runtime
revolution. A search for realbasic showed that apple sell realbasic.

Now A NOVICE DEVELOPER who wants to make a wee programme for his mac may
look on the apple store first and think ahhhh!!!! I should get this, it
looks easy.... then later they discover runrev and think... Ohhhhh well I
have realbasic so although runrev looks better, I now know how to use
realbasic.

I did the opposite, I looked at realbasic and thought that runrev was
better, however I cam uppon runrev by chance...

My 2p worth.