Show pics?

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Sat Jan 15 16:01:08 EST 2005

On Jan 15, 2005, at 12:19 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> Paul Salyers wrote:
>
>> I need the code to show a pics from start up. Here  is the VB code I
>> want to run in Rev.
>>
>> Private Sub Form_Load()                         'When the form loads
>> the following command kick into action
>>     file = "Foto2Load.jpg"                      'Graphic I want to
>> load in the form (Path to file)
>>     Image1.Picture = LoadPicture(file)          'Image property to
>> load the graphics
>> End Sub
>>
> I may be misinterpreting the VB part of it, but something like .....

Looks about right, though it's been some time since I've worked with
VB... and I never was all that proficient in it.

To the original author:  Instead of this, you might consider importing
the image onto the stack itself, so that you don't need to transport
the extra file around when distributing your stack, and to prevent the
need to load it separately later on.  If you only want it to show up at
certain times, you could mark it as hidden, then show it when loading:

on preOpenStack
   show image "Foto2Load"
end preOpenStack

When you are done with it:

on somethingOrAnother
   hide image "Foto2Load"
end somethingOrAnother

To load it originally, look at "Import As Control" -> "Image File" in
Rev's File menu.