[ANN] GetInLine, Part III

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jan 15 01:33:27 EST 2005

Recently, Trevor DeVore wrote:

>> One cosmetic issue I can't figure out: when doing a screencapture here
>> on
>> WinXP, the desktop icons flash as if the desktop is being redrawn.
>> Any way
>> to avoid this phenomenon?
>
> I wonder if the flashing would still occur if you imported the snapshot
> using the windowID feature as opposed to a global rect.  This would
> only work in Rev 2.5 > where the bug was fixed but maybe it would solve
> the problem of flashing and still allow you to use the transparency.

Thanks for the suggestion Trevor.  I tried this but it doesn't seem to help.
Does the icon flashing not occur on your end when you do a Windows
screencapture?

Any other suggestions?

Regardless, GetInLine has been updated yet again with suggestions from the
list (thanks to Ken, Trevor, Alex and Sarah): more accurate positioning, a
better drag representation, a drag threshold, and a little surprise for
folks who need to cancel the drag (you'll have to download it and try it to
find out what it does). Bonus: all the secondary elements used by the code
are now generated dynamically, so the only object needed to create this
effect is script in the host field.  In your message box:

  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/getinline.rev"

One item left to update is auto-scrolling which will be completed in a day
or so.  And if someone knows a workaround for the Windows icon flash, this
would be the icing on the cake for a what is hopefully a useful drag
routine.

Get out your hammers and break it. :-)

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi