Compression question / problem

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Wed Jan 12 15:35:41 EST 2005

In general, you can use your (client) bandwidth more effectively by
downloading several files at a time, but 50 might be a bit much.  It
would probably be ideal to create (for example) 5 files of 10 pictures
each, then download those 5 files in parallel.

Or try with 4 files (2 of 13 images, 2 of 12), for example...

And if the files can be distributed to several servers, even better
(but don't do that unless there will be a LOT of simultaneous downloads
from numerous clients -- otherwise it's not worth the expense, the
gains would be minimal).