menuHistory and menuPick

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Mon Jan 10 17:25:33 EST 2005

I have an option button for which I am setting the menuHistory like:

   set the menuHistory of btn "Level" to tLineNum

And then there's a menuPick handler in the button's script that performs
additional tasks.  But the menuPick handler doesn't always fire.  Does
anyone know of any reason why setting the menuHistory of a button would not
cause a menuPick message to be sent as well?  The above script is called
during preOpenCard, and, like I said, the menuPick handler is in the script
of the button.  It seems that the only time it fails is when I very first
come into the card.  If I do a "send preOpenCard" after that, menuPick is
sent normally.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Software Development