OT: need real Apple Service email address

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Jan 10 16:40:37 EST 2005

Can anyone of the many list members that are Apple experts provide me
with an Apple Service email address where I do not get *automated*
The problem is, I bought a Quicktime Pro 6 license key on Dec 17 from
the online Apple Store (U.S.A. website), got charged from my credit card
account (the equivalent of 52 US$) the very same day, and didn't get the
key .

If you have got an address, send it to me, and you can stop reading
here, otherwise here is the story how Apple entices people to become
Windows users:

When after my online purchase on Dec 17 there was no response, I thought
the matter was lost somewhere in cyberspace. However the monthly list of
account movements from my credit-card company , which I received last
week, showed my account had been indeed charged on Dec 17, too.

I then looked at "My Account" on the U.S. Apple website, and the order
was listed there - Order Number W76150797 - only it said "complete"!
Happily there was a button "Order Details" that led to another page
which contained a submit form for inquiries about the order. O.K., I
told them that I still had not received the key, and pressed "submit".

Two days later they answered and told me that they would not be
responsible for my transaction as I lived in Europe. They provided me
with a web address.

I followed the link and finally found a duplicate of  "My Account"
connected to some European Apple website. The information of the account
order was indeed the same as on the U.S. Apple website, it also showed
"complete", but unfortunately there was no submit-form for inquiries
about the order.
I searched for a support address in the vicinity of the account page and
found one hidden somewhere among the fine print at the bottom of a page.

 From that email-link (<uk.consumer at euro.apple.com>) I immediately
received an *automated* answer that informed me that they were sorry not
to be able to offer email support, but that I could choose between an
Irish or British phone number for inquiries about orders .

At that moment I experienced a "déjà vu" feeling:  About three years ago
I had been in a similar situation. To settle a matter with Apple I had
been forced to make about six different international phone calls during
the course of a week to the British address, being in a waiting loop
most of the time and being finally connected to very much incompetent
Apple employees (this is what comes to my mind). The international calls
cost me additional 30 US$ and much time for a  problem generated by Apple.

Therefore I decided *not* to make phone calls again and  go through this
ordeal once more and waste my time and  money for problems Apple is
responsible for - and not me.

I phoned my local Apple store; they told me they were unable to
recommend an mail address, but had to contact the Irish or British phone
numbers themselves in matters of  urgency.-

As a last resort I wrote to the support address in the U.S. again
(<applestoreinfo at apple.com>), which I had contacted first with the
submit-form and who had directed me to Europe , at least they were the
only one with a personal answer. This was Thursday last week; no
response so far as of today (still Monday here).

But guess what happened!  The order information of "My Account" on the
U.S. Apple website was deleted yesterday!

This is the present state of the matter.

Has anybody of you Steve Job's email address?

Any other  ideas how to improve and promote Apple and Apple products??

Regards,

--Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>