filter list help

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Mon Jan 10 15:57:03 EST 2005

Hi All.

Have a wee problem again.

I have a field ItemList in a stack My Database. I have a menu item that
says go to stack FilterItemList. This works OK and I get a stack with one
box (ItemListFilter) and one Button with the following script

on mouseUp
   filter fld "ItemList" of stack "My Database" with field "ItemListFilter"
of stack "FilterItemList"
end mouseUp

This works almost perfectly, however I need to have the exact phrase in the
search box that is in one of the lines of the list "ItemList".

What I want is someone to type in something Eg scale that can search for
descale or descalled etc.

I tried the script

on mouseUp
   filter fld "ItemList" of stack "My Database" with field
"*ItemListFilter*" of stack "FilterItemList"
end mouseUp

But this does not work.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Cheers