Standalone

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 8 07:04:07 EST 2005

Arie

I don't think the behavior you describe is the way it should work (i.e.
grouping a  bunch of buttons, setting them to behave like background =
true and then trying to make a standalone should work in my
recollection.  Alas, I don't have time to create a simple test stack to
verify this right now. Anyone else?

However, the reason I am writing now is that I have a viable solution
for you, one I know works because I use it all the time and have used
it to create a very large interactive casebook.

But what I do, that I KNOW works, is:

Create splash stack (a hub of sorts) containing a single "title page"
card and make into standalone.  This splash stack has buttons on it
that take you to appropriate cards in one or more OTHER stacks which
are NOT standalone.

For example:  Splash stack has 3 buttons:

Button 1;  Instructions.  Goes to Instructions Stack (not standalone)
Button 2:  Cases.    Goes to Cases Stack (not standalone)
Button 3: Quit.   Simply quits.

In reality, if your stacks are small enough you could even combine the
two stacks into a simple "Cases" stack. Then have Button 1 go to cd 1
of stack "Cases"  and, assuming your instructions are all on one card,
have  Button 2 go to cd 2 of stack "Cases"

HTH.

Marian