Compressing folders in WinXP

Ben Fisher boinjyboing at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 17:41:04 EST 2005

http://www.angeltowns4.com/members/ben/RevCompressXP.zip

Here's my program to zip/ unzip folders in Windows XP, and probably other versions of windows. All of the files in the package are necessary.

Of course, this is a really messy way to do it, but it works.

Because the command-line utility I used didn't support absolute paths, things get really messy - the files to be compressed are copied to a temporary directory. I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do this. In the card script are two mini programs that will shell several lines at once, and also remove a directory using dos.

It might not work in other versions of windows.

It is snowing very heavily :) no school today here in the northwest corner of Washington state.

-Ben