More on Windows printing...

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Thu Jan 6 18:20:56 EST 2005

formatForPrinting from the Rev Docs

Comments:
Windows systems may use different font versions for printing and for
screen display, and the spacing of the print version may differ from
the spacing of the screen version. This can result in layouts and line
breaks differing between the screen display and the printed result. For
the best appearance of printed cards in a stack, make sure the stack is
closed (and not in memory), then set the stack's formatForPrinting
property to true before opening the stack to print it.

   Important!  Do not edit field text in a stack whose formatForPrinting
is true. Doing so can cause display anomalies. Set the
formatForPrinting property to false before you make changes to text in
fields.

The spacing of printer font versions usually results in a
difficult-to-read display when these fonts are used for screen viewing.
To avoid display problems, set the formatForPrinting property to true
only when printing. To let the user preview the appearance of the
printed output, set the formatForPrinting property to true before
opening the stack.