More on Windows printing...

Lynch, Jonathan BNZ2 at CDC.GOV
Thu Jan 6 17:25:37 EST 2005

I am trying to figure out if the definitions for printer fonts can be
used like an image, or translated into an image, and then set the image
of a character, as it is typed or pasted in, to the image of the printer
font.

It sounds like torture to me, and like it would evoke all sorts of
kerning problems - but maybe...

I was also wondering if there was a way to create a high-rez image,
piece-meal - that is, creating a direct translation of each object, and
each character, to a single image with very high resolution, and then
print the image. That sounds even more difficult - but maybe.

My other thought was to create a custom font - or custom set of fonts,
fully defined within Rev rather than in the O.S. -  and to set the
imagedata for each character to the appropriate image of the character
in the custom font (with fontsize accomplished by adjusting the size of
the image. It might work better to do such a thing in an image rather
than a field - or in a group rather than a field.

I was also wondering if there is a way to condense or expand the kerning
between characters in microscopic steps. Then, for printing, a script
could adjust the kerning as needed to keep the width the same as on the
screen.

The last sounds easiest - but I don't know if kerning is possible.