Open-source: Presentation software

Lynch, Jonathan BNZ2 at CDC.GOV
Thu Jan 6 14:48:52 EST 2005

Well, if you need an autoflow script, to allow formatted text to
automatically continue from one field to another, I can offer that. It
is useful for creating text that wraps around pictures, or columns that
continue across different pages.

I also have a script for resizing pictures with the mouse while keeping
the aspect ratio the same.

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Mark
Talluto
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 2:45 PM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: Open-source: Presentation software

On Jan 6, 2005, at 11:32 AM, Lynch, Jonathan wrote:

> What kind of objects does your presentation software use? By that, I
> mean, I assume it does fields, pictures, audio, and video. Any other
> types of objects? I have been thinking that a 3-D object viewer would
> be
> a great object. (I hope no one objects to my overuse of the word
> 'object' here, which, objectively speaking, I am definitely
overusing).

> I also think a 3-D animated character generator that speaks to the
> viewer, using whatever text is sent to it from a handler, would be
> nifty.

It supports static fields (they do not move...yet), images, audio for
each slide, background audio for all slides, video, and simple draw
graphics.  It supports formats that QT supports.  Thus it would be
possible to use QTVR as well as Flash 4.  A 3-D control would be very
cool!

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto