Actual vs. Possible (was 'Menu woes')

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jan 3 19:22:16 EST 2005

The key phrase is "if possible" - some of us don't qualify for that list :-)

> I think it's in the best interest for us developers for RR to sell as
> many copies of the Revolution software development environment. And to
> that end, it is important as listmembers to distinguish between what
> works and what keeps people from being able to develop and publish an
> application at all. Frankly, I've yet to find any showstoppers;-)
> There are some weird work arounds, but they are nothing compared to
> the hoops one has to jump through to, say, ...embed Safari into an
> external using Apple's not well documented and *very* buggy WebKit!

Indeed - the list can sometimes give the false impression that
everything is broken, and it was a good reminder from Richard. But it is
(imho) a great factor in favour of Rev that there is an accessible, open
forum like this to discuss suggestions. It's not quite Open Source - but
there is a strong impression that ideas raised here have a reasonable
chance - if they work out, which not all will - of making it onto the
"seriously considered" list in the future. That's pretty different from
a lot of other language and development environments.

-- Alex.