finding in script

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Mon Jan 3 15:21:51 EST 2005

At 12:06 PM -0600 1/3/05, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>The "number of controls of this stack" isn't a supported command, so
>what is happening is that the engine stops at "number of controls"
>-- and the default in that case is to use the card as a reference.
>
>I suppose it should throw an error, though.

No, I think it does make sense. Something like

    get field "foo" of stack "bar"

means "get the contents of field 'foo' on the current card of stack
'bar'" - the "current card" part is understood when making references
to a stack. I think it works the same here - "get the ID of control 2
of this stack" would mean "control 2 of the current card", etc.

The real problem here is that you can't get a list of all the groups
in a stack any more since backgroundBehavior was introduced. But
that's a rant for another day....
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com