Oversize cards and jumping between 9 not-overlapping

Kresten Bjerg kresten.bjerg at psy.ku.dk
Mon Jan 3 07:06:23 EST 2005

Thanks to Richard and Frank for advices, -although they present me with
troubles galore. Why would I want....? The answer is, that I am trying
to transpose a HC stack, which I have been developing over the last 10
years, to a cross-platform free-ware tool for a new kind of electronic
diary, where keyed-in text and clicked in icons/pictograms (formed as
characters in new fonts)- and distributed as buttons by the user-, are
converged in an always time-indexed textfield, on consecutive daycards,
with a series of options for one click time-indexed quoting to selected
memo-fields and week-calendar, options for parsing in the accumulated
multi-font text over moths and years, and screen-size windows for on the
spot localized icon annotations - and possibly: hand-drawing - within
the geometries of various topologies, primarily  own body, body of
family member, layouts of home and garden, neighbourhood, workplace etc
- with these topologies serving at the same time as windows to contain
more - and more specialized-user-distributed icons, relevant for a given
topology. A special screen-size window shall contain the 144  10-minute
fields, where icons clicked are separated from the text, - thus forming
an overview of icons inserted the given day.  The point is, that users
shall be able to browse back and forth through weeks and months  in
these windows, - and everywhere with a click jump to the corresponding
central text-containing day-card window, or any of the other windows.
There are further details, like options for time-indexed annotating ,
with text or icons, to previous paragraphs, same or previous days, and
for inserting paragraphs (icon(s) and/or text) to any 10-minute interval
earlier the same day, where they belong in the time-sequence.,
integration with an adress-book etc. , options for automatic daily
counting of cigarettes, drinks , pills or whatever icons selected for
counting - and automatic counting of  time "slept", i e. from go to
sleep-icon to next days get-up icon. And of course options of creating
links to other programs /e.g. word , photoshop, netscape, or whatever
the user have going in their daily computer-use.
It is my hope, that the inclusion of physiological data, perhaps
blootooth mediated, will be possible later - I have been fooling around
with daily blood-pressure data, but only keyed in from reading the
wrist-gadgets display.

As an absolutely non-professional I have of course to trust your
judgement, - put I cannot stop wondering about "By definition, a card
always fills the window," - why can card-size then apparently be
expanded far far beyond the size of any existing screen?

P.S. : I think somewhere I saw some mention to the effect that user-data
cannot be saved in a standalone?????????  . I hope, I misunderstood it,
- for elsewise I think I would have to leave revolution at once and look
for other x-card options.

Refer please to "Oikos Homestation" <http://www.psy.ku.dk/bjerg> for
further information

Kresten Bjerg Mag.art, fhv.Lektor i Psykologi

Mailto: kresten.bjerg at psy.ku.dk