Tabs

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jan 2 20:29:42 EST 2005

Cubist at aol.com wrote:
>    I'm surprised that nobody else has come up with this solution to the
> problem of showing/hiding groups yet...
>
> # in the script of the tabbed button
> on menuPick ChosenOne
>   repeat for each line LL of me
>     set the visible of group LL to (LL = ChosenOne)
>   end repeat
> end menuPick
>
>    Simple. Easy. Quick. Automatically accomodates any number of tabs. What
> else could a body ask for?

Just one more line:

on menuPick ChosenOne
   lock screen <- to postpone redraw until the changes are completed
   repeat for each line LL of me
     set the visible of group LL to (LL = ChosenOne)
   end repeat
end menuPick

That's how I do it in WebMerge.  There are about 200 controls spread
across four groups, and I found it easier to address them all on one
card rather than having to specify the card for each control in the
scripts that deal with them.

Tip: If you make at least one field and one button in each group,
dragging a control with the pointer tool while holding down the Alt key
(Win) or Option key (Mac) will clone the control within the group.  This
way you can add new controls easily without having to turn on the
editBackground mode.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation